Visa Certification Program Policies
Visa Certification Program Candidate Agreement
During exam appointment registration and at the start of an exam appointment, candidates are required to confirm that they agree with the terms included within the Visa Certification Program Candidate Agreement. Visa recommends that you read the full agreement prior to scheduling your exam appointment.
Visa Exam Retake Policy
The purpose of this policy is to protect the integrity of the Visa Certification program and allow candidates additional time to prepare for a failed exam. Therefore, candidates are required to wait five days to retake a failed exam.
Please note that a violation of the retake policy in any way, including but not limited to, registering for and retaking an exam under a new testing ID within the five-day waiting period, is against policy and will be treated as a violation of the Exam Retake Policy. If a candidate creates a new ID or account in order to bypass the retake policy, the results of the retaken exam will be invalidated. No refunds or credit will be provided by Visa. Failure to adhere to this policy is a direct violation of the Visa Certification Program Agreement that was agreed to during the exam administration process and could result in additional actions such as revocation of credentials that you hold or being suspended from the Visa Certification Program.
- Candidates must wait five days before retaking a failed certification exam. (Registration will be allowed on the sixth day after the last appointment date.)
- Exam purchase is required each time you take an exam.
- Candidates may NOT retake a passed certification exam (i.e., an exam assigned the same exam code).
Visa Export Restrictions Policy
The purpose of this policy is to protect the Visa Certification program and ensure that Visa adheres to United States (U.S.) trade laws and regulations.
Candidates who violate this policy will be turned away from testing or will be removed from the program if found to have violated this policy.
In accordance with U.S. trade laws and regulations, the following conditions apply to candidates who are nationals of countries under U.S. restriction (Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria):
- Visa or Visa's vendors cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to, candidate residing in export restricted countries.
- Visa or Visa’s vendors cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to, candidate who are nationals of export restricted countries, wherever located.
- If a national of an export restricted country registers for the exam at a test center in an authorized country, with an address in an authorized country, and arrives at the test center with an ID from an export restricted country, the candidate will be turned away and forfeit the exam fee.