Learn what it takes to run a profitable payments business with strategies designed for issuers and acquirers.
Begin by exploring the wider economic environment as you discover the value payments bring to issuers and acquirers and review the principles of profitability. You’ll also examine the key cost and revenue drivers for your primary products and learn how to look at profitability from both a numerical and a tactical perspective. You’ll also take a look at effective marketing examples.
Then, take a more granular approach as you explore ways to improve portfolio performance by applying resources more selectively, testing pricing strategies, understanding market factors and responding to the margin squeeze that can follow regulation.
After completing this course, you’ll return to your role with a practical understanding of how to make your existing business more profitable by evaluating information, applying customer knowledge and implementing variable pricing within a "test and learn" discipline.
- Macroeconomic environment
- Value of payments
- Profitability principles and models
- Measure to manage
- Profitability (strategies for debit, credit, prepaid and acquiring)
- Pricing for profit
- Portfolio management
- Market factors that influence profit and loss
- Potential impact of regulation
Who should attend:
Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations.
- Enrollment for in-person courses closes three weeks prior to the session start date.
- Special offers: Save 15 percent when you register more than six weeks in advance with promo code Save15 or register four individuals from your organization and receive an additional registration at no additional cost. Offers cannot be combined.
- For all in-person events, Visa University will adhere to local COVID guidelines.
To view sessions in your time zone, please adjust the drop-down menu below.
Meet Our Experts
Learn from skilled instructors with professional experience in the field.