Gain a 360-degree view of the payments industry, how it works and new trends that are shaping the landscape.
Begin with a look at the evolution of payments and how technology has simplified the payments experience. You'll explore the expansion of payment networks from local to global, the role financial institutions play and how payment mechanisms have evolved over the years.
You'll then receive an introduction to the four-party model—cardholders, merchants, acquirers and issuers—and discover the value that each party gains from and brings to the payments ecosystem. You'll also explore how the shift to digital payments is impacting the economy.
Next, build your understanding of how payments work. You'll begin with an overview of the participants that play a role in processing transactions followed by a discussion on the differences between open-loop and closed-loop systems. You'll also examine the transaction life cycle and different transaction types.
You'll then explore emerging payment models and technologies including mobile money, real-time payments, buy now pay later, blockchain and cryptocurrency. Apply what you've learned by identifying how these new models present challenges and growth opportunities for your organization.
The course concludes with an overview of issuers and acquirers—what they do, who they partner with and how they succeed. You'll return to your role with the knowledge and best practices you need to prepare for an increasingly complex and evolving landscape.
- Evolution of payments networks, mechanisms and methods
- The four-party model and key stakeholders
- Economic impact of changes in the payments ecosystem
- How payments work
- Emerging payment models: opportunities and challenges
- Issuer landscape
- Acquirer landscape
Who should attend:
- Individuals looking to gain a foundational understanding of the payments industry
- Teams positioning their business in a fast-moving, evolving payments industry
- This course is beneficial for both industry veterans and newcomers
- Accompanying course participant workbooks will be provided for you to download.
- Enrollment closes one business day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
- Register for select multi-day virtual courses at least six weeks in advance and receive a 15% discount. Enter the code Save15 at checkout to receive this offer.
To view sessions in your time zone, please adjust the drop-down menu below.
Meet Our Experts
Learn from skilled instructors with professional experience in the field.