Whether you’re buying a latte, making an online purchase or signing up for a service, you’re constantly interacting with the payments industry. This dynamic industry has come a long way from the days of bartering cows for grain. Although we use the payments infrastructure daily, its inner workings go widely unseen by the average consumer. In this virtual course, you’ll explore the fundamentals of the payments industry and will learn how transactions are processed, how money is exchanged and how everyone gets paid.
- History of payments and the payments industry
- Payment types
- Payment networks and transaction models
- Participants outside the four-party model
- Payment security
- Payment technologies
- Clearing and settlement
Who should attend:
- This course is beneficial for individuals looking to gain a foundational understanding of the payments industry.
- All course sessions are listed in Pacific Time (PT). To convert to your time zone, click the clock icon next to the session listing.
- Daily work will be provided for you to download.
- Enrollment closes one day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
- Register for any virtual course at least six weeks in advance and receive a 15% discount. Enter the code Save15 at checkout to receive this offer.
Conozca a nuestros expertos
Aprenda de instructores cualificados con experiencia profesional en el campo.