Discover what it means to safeguard payments in today’s ever-evolving digital landscape. In this course, you’ll explore the foundations of payments cybersecurity and learn how to identify vulnerabilities, implement effective security measures and mitigate risks associated with payment systems.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of payments cybersecurity fundamentals, including the principles, practices and challenges related to safeguarding payments in a rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Start by exploring the payments ecosystem, including the key players, stakeholders and technologies involved in payments transactions as well as the vulnerabilities and risks inherent to the ecosystem. Learn the key concepts and techniques used to protect against a wide range of cyber threats in the payments industry, including fraud, data breaches and unauthorized access. Gain insights into emerging trends in cybersecurity and payments threats, including attacks on point-of-sale systems, card-not-present fraud and account takeovers.
Then, delve into essential payments cybersecurity topics, including the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) triad, security control domains, payment card industry (PCI) standards, policy and governance and risk management practices. Explore the most common cybersecurity roles and responsibilities in mitigating cybersecurity risks and threats.
Whether you are an aspiring cybersecurity professional, a professional transitioning into the payments industry or are simply interested in enhancing your understanding of payments security, this course will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills to navigate the complex landscape of payments cybersecurity with confidence.
- Payments ecosystem overview
- Stakeholders and emerging players
- Importance of cybersecurity and how it relates to payments
- Security fundamentals
- CIA triad
- Security control domains
- Common cybersecurity roles and responsibilities
- Payments threat landscape
- Common threats and vulnerabilities in the payments industry
- Emerging trends in cybersecurity and payments threats
- Techniques to mitigate common threats
- Payments industry and regulatory concepts
- Regulatory drivers in major markets
- PCI standards
- Strategy, policies and governance
- Risk management
Who should attend:
- Individuals who are new to payments cybersecurity
- This course is relevant to job roles in payments cybersecurity, information security, software development, business continuity management, IT/product security assurance, incident response, risk management, compliance, fraud management, application support, threat intelligence, identity and access management.
- Accompanying course participant guides will be provided for you to download.
- Enrollment closes one business day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
- Special offers: Save 15 percent when you register more than six weeks in advance with promo code Save15 or register four individuals from your organization and receive an additional registration at no additional cost. Offers cannot be combined.
To view sessions in your time zone, please adjust the drop-down menu below.
Meet Our Experts
Learn from skilled instructors with professional experience in the field.