New to payments or looking to strengthen your skills? Set yourself up for success by building a strong foundation of payments industry knowledge.
You’ll begin by exploring the payments landscape, where you’ll learn about the history and value of payments and how they work. You’ll discuss emerging payments models and see how issuers and acquirers can leverage new opportunities.
You’ll then receive an overview of operations as you dive into network processing, transaction use cases, billing and settlement and how to navigate Visa’s core rules. Next, you’ll discover why fraud matters, types of fraud and strategies issuers and acquirers can use to mitigate risk.
The course will conclude with a discussion on portfolio management, where you’ll learn more about getting into (and to the top of) customers’ digital wallets and how to measure your performance.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll return to your role with the knowledge and skills you need to help build and evolve strategy in your organization, drive business growth and improve your personal performance.
- The payments landscape (2 days)
- Evolution of payments
- Value of payments ecosystems
- How payments work
- Emerging trends, including real-time payments and cryptocurrency
- Issuer strategy
- Acquirer strategy
- Operations (1.5 days)
- Network processing
- Transaction use cases
- Billing, settlement and Visa Quarterly Operating Certificates
- Rules and technology specifications
- Fraud (2.5 days)
- Fraud by channel
- Issuer fraud management
- Acquirer and merchant risk management
- Fraud ecosystem tools
- Portfolio management (1 day)
- Acquiring new customers
- Lifecycle management
- Performance analysis
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals who are new to payments or who would like to strengthen their knowledge of the payments industry and key concepts and processes.
- Individuals who are in the banking industry and new to payments.
- All course sessions are listed in Pacific Time (PT). To convert to your time zone, click the clock icon next to the session listing.
- Accompanying course participant guides will be provided for you to download.
- Enrollment closes one business day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
- Register for any multi-day virtual course at least six weeks in advance and receive a 15% discount. Enter the code Save15 at checkout to receive this offer.
Meet Our Experts
Learn from skilled instructors with professional experience in the field.