Discover the key elements of a successful co-branded card business. In this course, you’ll receive a broad overview of payments and portfolio management before taking a closer look at the specifics of co-branding.
You’ll begin by learning about the roles and responsibilities of the different parties involved in the making and taking of Visa payments, including the exchange of data and value during the authorization, clearing and settlement processes. You’ll also learn about the stages of product development, from identifying consumer needs to defining a compelling product proposition, including the role of segmentation and the need for competitive differentiation.
You’ll then take a look at profitability, portfolio management and the marketing life cycle. You’ll first examine the key drivers of cost and revenue and examine the variables and tactical levers that enable greater profitability. This is followed by a discussion of what to measure and how to manage within a portfolio, diving into the data behind cardholder performance and how it can enable a more selective application of marketing and risk management tactics. You’ll then focus on the marketing life cycle and how to get into your customer’s wallet, then to the top of their wallet. Tactics and practical examples are shown for each stage of the life cycle, from first-time trial to ongoing usage and long-term loyalty.
You’ll conclude the course with an exploration of co-branding. You’ll discover how the partnership marketing of payment cards works while learning about the benefits for each party, strategic challenges, business model, performance expectations and ingredients for success. You’ll also look at a comparative analysis of co-branding programs in different industries.
- Payments business model and transaction life cycle
- Product development: research, proposition and positioning
- Portfolio management
- Marketing life cycle
- Co-branding for success
o Strategic motivation
o Mechanics, roles and responsibilities
o Examples: airline to retail
o Partnership structure
o Pitfalls, dangers and success factors
Who should attend:
This course is beneficial for merchant partners who have a co-brand program with an issuing bank.
- All course sessions are listed in Pacific Time (PT). To convert to your time zone, click the clock icon next to the session listing.
- Enrollment closes one business day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
- Register for any virtual course at least three weeks in advance and receive a 15% discount. Enter the code Save15 at checkout to receive this offer.
Conheça Nossos Especialistas
Aprenda com instrutores qualificados e com experiência profissional na área.